- The Antarctic Ice Marathon is run over the classic marathon distance of 42.2km (26.2 miles). There is also a 100km ultramarathon and a half-marathon race. The half-marathon will be operated concurrently with the marathon event (if there is sufficient interest in a half marathon).
- Polar Running Adventures reserves the right to refuse entry to the race if an intending participant is deemed unsuitable for the event.
- Registration covers entry to both the marathon and ultra.
- Individual results for all three competitions will be categorised into male and female divisions.
- Any athlete who exhibits severe conditions that are deemed detrimental to their health may be withdrawn from the race by officials or stopped temporarily while appropriate treatment and advice is administered.
- A time limit of 6 hours may be imposed on the half-marathon, 10 hours for the marathon and 24 hours for the 100km race.
- There will also be an Antarctic Mile, ideal for friends and family who would like to travel with marathoners.
- The Race Director's decisions are final.
Your submission of this form accepts the Rules and Regulations as outlined above. The overall fee is EUR €10,500, although entrants receive a €300 discount if paying in full upon registering. Alternatively, entrants can make an initial deposit of €3,500 to reserve their place in the field. A further €3,500 payment is required before December 31st 2013 with the final €3,300 due by June 30th 2014. Please note: there is a limit to the number of participants on the trip.
- Fill in this form.
- Agree to the terms & conditions
- Make the relevant payment in order to book your place in the 2014 Antarctic Ice Marathon, Half Marathon and 100k races.
- Later complete and return a medical information form, personal information form, waiver form, and terms & conditions form provided by the logistics operators, Antarctic Logistics & Expeditions / Adventure Network International.
These forms will be emailed to you by the race organisers.
The Antarctic Ice Marathon race is provisionally scheduled to take place on November 20th 2014.
The Half Marathon will also take place on November 20th 2014 (the first half of the marathon event).
The Antarctic Mile will occur on November 21st 2014.
The Antarctic 100k will begin on November 22nd 2014.
After completing this form, you will be taken to the terms and conditions page, where you will see full details of the trip.