Detailed Marathon Itinerary
The scheduled dates of the overall trip are November 17th - November 24th 2013. The dates of the expedition to the Antarctic are November 19th - 23rd.
- November 17th - Arrive at Punta Arenas, Chile
- November 18th - Pre-Departure briefings
- November 19th - Flight to marathon location at Union Glacier, Antarctica
- November 20th - Antarctic Ice Marathon / Half Marathon
- November 21st - Antarctic Mile (if demand)
- November 22nd - Antarctic 100k
- November 23rd - Return flight to Punta Arenas, Chile
- November 24th - Departure to homeland
Please note: Every effort will be made to keep to the scheduled departure and return date, but all flights are subject to weather, aircraft serviceability and local conditions. Days of delay are the norm for Antarctic flights and you should not plan anything important for a minimum of two weeks after your expected return. Similarily, your anticipated stay in the Antarctic could actually be shortened due to flight re-scheduling.